WWWF GRUDGE MATCH
Real Life Grudge Matches
- "C is for Crowd Control" (06/21/01) -- Apparently, at the same time that the Cookie Monster was taking on the Keebler Elves, he (she?) was also getting into a rumble with an irate parent in Langhorne, Pennsylvania. Thanks to Will "Obscured Underlord" Sharp for being the first to bring this to our attention. Update (05/28/02) -- In a classic Hollywood ending, the bad guy was found guilty and the Cookie Monster married Big Bird. Seriously. Thanks to Bill McKay for this update.
- Barney the Purple Dinosaur (tm) vs. The San Diego Chicken
(tm). -- Barney loses! Badly! And he was so pissed off about it, he decided to come after us for using his image on our website. Fortunately, we were able to find a stand-in.
- Battle of the Bands (9/18/00) -- Things are getting a bit chippy between God-loving Creed and the oh-so-classy Limp Bizkit. Another charity boxing match in the works? Thanks to The Garbage Man for pointing this out.
- Game Show Maniacs (5/27/00) -- Alex and Regis talking some serious trash... about how smart other people are, of all things.
- The Lilly and the Hammer -- Arguably the most famous
Real Life Grudge Match (tm) of all-time (not counting wars): Tanya Harding
goes after fellow figure skater Nancy Kerrigan.
- It's a Lawsuit...For Me to Poop On! (4/28/00) -- Canine sock puppets goin' at it... in court. The Pets.com "spokespuppet" is suing Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog, from Conan O'Brien's Late Show for defamation.
- Those wacky Brits! (3/7/00) -- Despite some pretty
creative insults, British musicians Liam Gallagher
(of "Oasis") and Robbie Williams are unfortunately
not going to box. Thanks to
David "1/2" Nelson for reporting this to us.
- Mr. T vs. cancer -- That jibber jabberin' tumor never had a chance.
- Grudge Match competitors go head-to-head as Bill Nye sues Disney (2/21/00). This and the whole
Microsoft anti-trust thing surely puts Microsoft v. Disney in a new
- WWWF veteran Dennis Rodman is at it again, challenging NBA
Commissioner David Stern to a fight (2/16/00).
- From Sports Illustrated (1/31/94), Danny
Bonaduce vs. Donny Osmond in a boxing match.
- From the April 4, 1995 NY Post,
Goober vs. Gilligan.
- Another one from The Post,
Bryant Gumbel vs. Geraldo Rivera.
- Real-life Howard Stern vs. George
- Orca vs. Jaws -- A killer whale takes on a great
white, all caught on video. Thanks to Robert Mohl for telling
us about this one.
- On a more intellectual note, Kasparov vs. Deep Blue -- man vs. machine for chess supremacy.
- This was forwarded to us some time ago:
Just a quick note to add to the Rottweiler vs. Rottweiler's weight in
Chuihuahuas Grudge Match. Read a story in the Weekly World News, April
30, 1996, (I didn't buy it, just ran across it, honest) that stated that a
Chuihuahua has killed three wolves after the wolves had killed its buddy
(some other dog). The Chuihuahua was found with wolf meat and fur in its
mouth and the wolves all had their throats ripped out. Coming from such a
reputable publication, it would indeed suggest that the Chuihuahuas would
have made mincemeat out of the Rottweiler. Don't you hate old news?
- Larry D.
Current Match |
Real Life |
© 2000, Dragon Hamster Productions, LLC